Thursday, November 17, 2011

Perfume Faux Pas

Hey Y'all

I know it's been alittle while! I've been ultra busy with working and church activities so please forgive me. Now on to today's topic, perfume!  As the Fall is slowly turning into Winter I know we are ready to try some new winter fragrances. However, we have to remember that just because it smells good in the bottle doesn't mean it's going to smell good on you! Sometimes we get caught up in a designer name or sometimes the packaging we don't take the time to find out if this is really something we should be rocking. So below I have some tips for you to take on your next perfume run.
  1.  Perfume fragrances have cycles. What I have learned is that as much as I love the way a perfume smells when I first put it on, I really want to know what it smells like over time.  When at the counter use the paper strips to spray the perfume and wave it vigorously back and forth. This will cause the perfume cycle to go more rapidly and give you a sense for what it really smells like. 
  2. One perfume at a time. If you want to know how a perfume smells on you then only spray on one a visit. Mixing multiple perfumes will give you and the person your with the largest headache you have ever had.  Also how are you going to really know what you really like if you have 5 perfumes on.
  3. Take an honest friend. Most people from day to day probably don't know what they smell like. They just figure that if they can't smell themselves then no one else can either. So take someone with you that maybe able to smell the things you can't.
I hope these few tip help! Happy shopping!!!

-Vix

No comments:

Post a Comment