Thursday, December 29, 2011

Goodbye Resolutions! Hello, Real Change!

Happy New Year to everyone! I pray everybody had a blessed Christmas and is ready to get New Years underway. Personally, I can't believe that another year has now past. I mean I just now got over the fact that it was December. (geesh) Anyhow now we are all prepping for a new year to come and with that comes the New Years Resolutions. Honestly I can't stand them.  Usually because it's just another way for us to set ourselves up to not meet our own high expectations. I suggest instead of making a laundry list of things you will never do or vow to stop doing, think about the changes you want to see in 2012.  If it helps right them down. Then make a realistic plan with milestones and dates to help you get there.The thing to do here is to be REALISTIC! I mean is it realistic that you are never going to eat chocolate cake between now and December 2013 so you can lose 20lbs. Not probable.  Come up with some realistic goals to help you get there. For example drink a certain amount of water everyday, exercise at least 30 minutes twice a week,  or up your fruit and veggie servings.  Remember you have to be the change you want to see. So with that said have a very and prosperous New Year!

-Vix

No comments:

Post a Comment